Several positions available in the lab. Apply here (LSRP-1), here (LSRP-2) and here (LSRP-3).
- Sergiu receives the 2022 IBRO-Kemali Prize in Neuroscience [press release]
- New paper published in Cell
- Sergiu receives the prestigious Judson Daland Prize from American Society of Philosophy and the Joseph Altman Award Award for Developmental Neurobiology. NYSCF coverage.
- The Big Idea on Human Brain Organogenesis led by Sergiu Pasca and Karl Deisseroth receives support from the Stanford Wu Tsai Neuroscience Institute!
- Our new work on long-term cortical organoid cultures is out in Nature Neuroscience.
- Assembloids are listed as 2021 Methods to Watch by Nature Methods!
- Our Cell paper has been selected for the cover of the December 2020 issue.
- The most advanced brain assembloid article to date published in Cell. Congratulations Jimena and the team!
- New assembloid article published in Nature Biotechnology. Congratulations Yuki and the team!
- New work on modeling a common genetic cause of neuropsychiatric disease– 22q11.2 deletion syndrome, is published in Nature Medicine. [Stanford press release] [NIH press release]
- Freddy Valencia joins the lab as a Stanford Science Scholar coming from Harvard University! Welcome!
- Ji-il Kim joins the lab coming from Seoul National University! Welcome!
- New paper on chromatin dynamics in human forebrain development published in Science
- The hands-on Stanford Brain Organogenesis Workshop took place in January 2020
- Sergiu profiled in The Scientist
- Turning point profile featuring 25 physician-scientists published in Nature Medicine
- Lab has relocated to the Clark Center Building, Bio-X!
- Model of hypoxic encephalopathy published as cover article in Nature Medicine [press release]
- Paper on reliability of brain-region specific organoids published in Nature Methods.
- Overview on brain assembloids published in Science
- Sergiu becomes a Ben Barres Investigator and the lab receives a $2,5 mil grant award from CZI
- Stanford Medicine Magazine story featuring our work